Orchestra Parents and Students,
Starting the school year, a couple of weeks earlier is making me really look forward to a little extra rest and family time over Labor Day weekend. I you also get a time to enjoy time together as well.
I don’t have a lot of new information yet, however there are several important links that I would like to pass along. That is why I am going to duplicate the newsletter in this email as well.
If you missed parent night, please feel free to look at the slides for information about the year. The are slides for Concert Orchestra, Philharmonic, and Symphony.
- Monday at midnight is the last day for orchestra shirts. There are some new items this year as well. You can sign up and pay through the Melon Ink portal and we will have the shirts delivered here in a couple of weeks.
- The orchestra Picnic will be on Friday September 9th from 4PM-5:30PM in Breezewald park. Pease signup by Tuesday so that HOPE knows how many hotdogs and veggie burgers to purchase. If you are coming, please consider bringing something to help with the picnic. Please signup and let us know what you are brining.
- ILMEA signups are live. If you are participating in ILMEA please signup and pay for your audition. All audition links should be emailed to Mr. S by 10/4.
- All Freshmen need to purchase a Sound Innovations Advanced. I have ordered books already. Please pay Mrs. McLeod $10 through PushCoin or directly at the bookkeeper’s office.
- We will have a final informational meeting on September 22 at 6PM in the PAC for people looking to get more information about the spring break LA trip. If you are already signed up, no need to attend. If you would like to sign up for the LA trip, please visit the Bob Rogers Tour website.
- Please join HOPE. Our orchestra parent booster is a great way to get involved both financially and through volunteering. If you would like your name listed in our first concert program, please have your donation submitted by 10/1. You can submit online, or through mailing a check and this form.
Have a great weekend and thank you for your support of the orchestra program at LZHS!