Welcome back! We have already had a musical week here in the orchestra department. All orchestras have been
Please check back on the website every month for a newsletter highlighting the important events of the upcoming month. There is almost always something coming up, so add and check the calendar for all of the orchestra events throughout the year.
See below for important beginning of the year information:
- Orchestra Shirts and Hoodies: Once again this year we are offering LZHS Orchestra shirts and hoodies. They feature our orchestra logo and are really comfortable. It is my goal that we have these shirts to wear for informal concerts, tours, and events. All orders are due by September 12 and can be competed online here.
- Bear Strings starts on Thursday, 8/26 from 3:35-4:45. Bear strings is open to all orchestra students and is a non-auditioned ensemble that focuses on pop, and other non-traditional styles of music.
- Join HOPE: The annual HOPE membership drive is now taking place. Your support of HOPE provides orchestra students with extra opportunities above and beyond what the school covers. This year HOPE will sponsor two sectional days, guest conductors, recordings of concerts, the beginning of the year picnic, and even a commission for the fall. You can join digitally, or by filling out and mailing in this form. If you own a business or know of a business who would like to advertise in our program the cost is $150 and they receive a business sized advertisement on the back page of the program. Please see the patron form for more information.
- Volunteers Needed: HOPE is looking for volunteers to join the board, and parent volunteers for events throughout the year. If you are interested and able to volunteer to help HOPE please contact HOPE President, Christine Chialdikas. We are especially looking for parents to help with tux jacket fitting and distribution. No experience needed!
- HOPE sponsored kickoff picnic: HOPE and the orchestra are celebrating the new year on Friday, 9/10 with our 5th annual kick off picnic at Breezewald Park from 4-6. Sign-up here
- The school is selling year signs again this year. I would encourage everybody to purchase one for their front yard. How cool would it be to have streets filled with orchestra yard signs? They are only $30 and proceeds go back to LZHS. Buy your signs here. All purchases must be completed by 8/22
- Parents of freshman/sophomore boys, and boys who grew: Don’t forget to get your men’s tux shirt. This year it is up to students to purchase their own tux shirts in time for the October concert. A possible shirt is this option from Amazon.
- ILMEA Signup is currently going on. Fill out this form and pay online to sign up. Sign-up is due by Friday, September 17. All ILMEA participants must participate in at least one help session, or you will not be allowed to participate. You can sign up for a help session here.
- I would encourage you to add the orchestra calendar to your personal calendar. The calendar is all over the orchestra blog, and it will always be the most up to date calendar.
I am so excited about the great performance and learning opportunities for orchestra this year. I hope to see everybody soon, but please feel free to reach out to me by email if you have any questions.
Nathan Sackschewsky, LZHS Orchestra Director