Welcome back from spring break and happy holidays for all who celebrated last week and weekend. Our last two months of the year are very busy, so I wanted to make sure that you had some important times and dates on the calendar. I will also have an email towards the end of the month with detailed final concert and banquet information.
Bear Strings this week:
Our final Bear strings performances are this week:
-Tuesday 4/11- Tour of elementary schools. We need to leave about 8:45, so please arrive early if possible. We will be back shortly before 7th period. Please make sure you have an LZ Orchestra or just LZ shirt and jeans for the concert. You must also have a music stand between you and your partner. We will be stopping in Dear Park for lunch. Please make sure you have money or bring a lunch along.
-Wednesday 4/12- Final concert at MSN. Please see arrival information from Mr. Monzel. The concert starts at 7PM, please arrive by 6 for dress rehearsal. You should wear the same/similar thing from the tour.
In-Person HOPE meeting on Monday May 17 at 7PM
- Come to our first in-person meeting this year. We are looking for some orchestra parents to step up and help keep hope running this year.
- If you are sure you can help, or just want some more information about HOPE please come to our meeting to ensure this great organization can continue in the future.
All District Festival Orchestra:
Friday May 5 at 7PM is our orchestra festival in the field house. All 600 orchestra students from across the district will be performing that night.
- HS dress rehearsal office hours on 5/5
- 6PM Orchestra call time
- Dress is formal orchestra dress
- We need parents and students to volunteer to help. Please sign up if you can lend a hand.
Other dates to keep put on your calendar:
4/26-30- Frozen Performances
4/29- Jan Sobieski String Quartet Concert (Mr. S’ string quartet) 6:30PM at St Paul Lutheran Church in Mt. Prospect.
5/16- 7PM Orchestra Concert
5/18- 5PM Orchestra Banquet at LZHS