Welcome to the Orchestra News Page. Every month you will find important information about activities, and ways to stay involved in the program.
I will post more after we get going the first week, but some important information for everybody before the first day:
- You will not need instruments on Wednesday. We will get lockers and instrument assignments on Wednesday, so plan on playing on Thursday.
- I look forward to seeing everyone at the Orchestra Open House on Wednesday, August 29th at 7:00 in the orchestra room. HOPE will once again supply some treats. Come and learn about the year in orchestra, and meet some fellow orchestra parents.
- Join HOPE and the orchestra in celebrating the new year on Friday, 9/7 with our 3rd annual kick off picnic at Breezewald Park from 4-6. More information to come, but mark your calendar now!
- The school is selling year signs again this year. I would encourage everybody to purchase one for their front yard. How cool would it be to have streets filled with orchestra yard signs. They are only $30 and proceeds go back to LZHS. Please fill out the attached form and return it to the school.
- Parents of freshman boys, and boys who grew: Don’t forget to get your men’s tux shirt. The cost for each shirt is $17, please fill out the attached form and bring in your check for $17.
- ILMEA Signup is currently going on. Please fill out the form and bring in your $5 to cover your audition cost. Mr. S will have audition prep times if you would like to come in and get some audition help and tips. Sign-up is due by Friday, September 14.
- I would encourage you to add the orchestra calendar to your personal calendar. The calendar is all over the orchestra blog, and it will always be the most up to date calendar.
I will have more information for you about the rest of the year soon. I am so excited about the great performance and learning opportunities for orchestra this year. I hope to see everybody soon, but please feel free to reach out to me by email if you have any questions.
Orchestra Director at LZHS